The following staff positions are open at our church. If you would like to submit a cover letter and resume, see the job description below. The positions will be receiving resume's until July 31, 2018.
First Baptist Church of Welcome, NC is seeking a full-time Minister of Students (grades 6-college). We are a conservative Southern Baptist church, in agreement with the 2000 Baptist Faith & Message. We average over 300 in Sunday morning worship (2 services) and are located in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina, in Davidson County between Winston-Salem and Lexington. The job description is located on the church website, www.fbcwelcome.org. Please send resumes to email@example.com. Deadline to apply is July 31, 2018.
- Create a healthy and trusting relationship with youth, and be relationally involved in students’ lives (Social media, visitation, personal time with students & families).
- Teach and plan out youth programs for Sunday nights & Wednesday nights. Recruit & equip other leaders/parents as needed to aid with this.
- Have a regular means of communication with youth, parents, and church concerning coming events and ministries including but not limited to printed mailings, texting, social media, and the church website.
- Plan and conduct special activities on three levels
- Low-cost, simple, personal involvement activities (focused Bible studies, meals with students, special game or social activities, etc.)
- Mid-level, short-term activities/trips (examples have included concerts, youth revivals, weekend Disciple-NOW retreats, progressive dinners, etc.)
- High level, immersive conferences/camps/trips (examples have included summer camps, Winter Conference, mission trips)
- Direct Youth Sunday School on Sunday mornings.
- Empower and enlist students to serve within (children’s ministry, technology, VBS, etc.) and outside of the ministries of our church (mission trips and activities, etc.)
- Minister to college students throughout the year as needed. Examples include
- Online contact (email, social media, etc.)
- Summer ministry where possible (special activities, etc.)
- Social events – special lunches, meals, activities during times home from school
- Apologetic and personal resource to students throughout the year.
- Maintain Youth Webpage (within our website)
- Be competent or willing to learn the following technological skills
- Video editing & production (for youth)
- Web design (basic, non-intensive, website based – no coding necessary)
- Appropriate presentation software as needed
- Direct and organize church basketball teams during season for participation in local league. Enlist coaches and help as needed.
- Attend church staff and church council meetings
- Be involved with First Baptist Learning Center according to needs (lead a short children’s worship/story time twice a month).
- Maintain CDL for bus driving (Class C with P endorsement)
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor
Education: college degree preferred, applicants currently finishing degrees will be considered
Proposed salary: $45,000-$50,000 based on education/experience
First Baptist Church of Welcome, NC is seeking a full-time Director of Children & Preschool Ministries. We are a conservative Southern Baptist church, in agreement with the 2000 Baptist Faith & Message. We average over 300 in Sunday morning worship (2 services) and are located in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina, in Davidson County between Winston-Salem and Lexington. The job description is located on the church website, www.fbcwelcome.org. Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is July 31, 2018.
- A committed Christian, with some experience in Children’s ministry within a local church setting.
- Preferably a Southern Baptist, or Baptist, in belief and doctrine, who has been a believer for years.
- Excitement. Someone who is passionate about children coming to know the Lord as opposed to a babysitter or distant supervisor.
- A heart for children & parents. Willingness to be involved and work with not only children, but interacting and communicating with parents as well.
- Patience, organization, mercy, and a personality that is able to extend both grace and truth in the classroom and with families.
- The ability to cast a vision for volunteers to see their role in changing the lives of children and families with the gospel message.
- Familiarity and willingness to evaluate effective curriculum for children’s ministry.
- Active service, not simply delegation or supervision, with children.
- Direct Sunday Morning Children’s Activities (staffing, equipping, encouraging, and leading in the worship and Sunday-School hours of the church).
- Printing, compiling, and distributing (or emailing) curriculum monthly for teachers.
- Coordinate with various leaders ahead of time for any prepared material (presentations, videos, songs, etc.) for Preschool and/or Children’s Church.
- Recruit volunteers on a macro (churchwide announcements) and micro (personal recruiting) level.
- Coordinate yearly training of volunteers as needed.
- Oversee and direct Awana, and help to equip other children’s ministries on Wednesday nights.
- Assist in security measures/child check-in as needed.
- Organize quarterly activities for children and/or preschool (skating, bowling, Night at the Park, etc.)
- Direct Vacation Bible School (lead, recruit, equip, etc.)
- Be directly involved with children during the week at our Learning Center through story times, music, etc.
- Work alongside Faith Church at Welcome Elementary’s Bible Club (once a week program), or look for similar opportunities within the Elementary School setting.
- Summer camp emphasis (informing and arranging, not necessarily going) for options like Family (Father/Son, Mother/Daughter) Caraway Camps, Camp KidJam or CentriKid (3rd-6th grade), etc.
- Children’s or Preschool choir (if this meets the passions and gifts of the director).
Proposed Salary: $40,000-$45,000 based on education and experience